The first week of Ramadan has just passed. Perhaps now would be a good time to remind ourselves of some of the blessings we receive through fasting.
Abu Huraya narrates that the Prophet (pbuh) said:
“In relation to Ramadan my ummah has been given five things never granted to any previous nation:
1. The smell from the fasting person’s mouth is more beloved to Allah(swt) than the fragrance of Musk.
2. Until iftaar the fish in the sea keep seeking forgiveness for the person fasting
3. Allah(swt) decorate Jannah (heaven) every day.
4. The devils are chained up this month
5. The Ummah is forgiven in the last night”